Monday, October 09, 2006

A Kitchen Revived!

This gorgeous pot of flowers (including white pot from Oxfam) is a gift from the newly-weds - Andrew and Meiling Lane. So far only 2 buds have bloomed. Even then, they sure do brighten my 'trips' to the kitchen! :)

Had the Lanes over for 'Thai-styled' dinner on Fri (6 Oct). I think Andy almost 'choked' at the spiciness of my tom yum goong! (in fact I think he did? His perspiration could fill a reservoir!) They enjoyed the yum woon sen tho'. So relieved that the food turned out ok! Was worried someone would start foaming at the mouth or go into spasms. Hmmm... but it seems every time I have people over, I cook Thai??? Well, at least that's been tried and tested!

Meiling brought a 'hay bi hiam' mince pork dish and introduced us to the most delicious chocolate mousse dessert from Waitrose. Yums!

In the meantime, there are a total of 8 buds on the plant so I've got 6 more blooms to go! Sweet!

* Managed to snag me some tiny snow-skin mooncakes from Reuben! Ori brought them over specifically for moi! Finished them all at one go last night! Am 'belly' happy now...Buuuurrrp.



2 comments:

As The Deer said...

Yay! U had your mooncake after all!

And aiyo why worry ppl will fall into spasms??? U cook just great!! =D Miss ur Thai food... we only had one yummy taste of it. Come back must cook ah!! ^___^

Saggs said...

No. Skiver A. Ori leaves in Nov. They are away on their mini break to Italy now. :)