Thursday, October 26, 2006

Child Entertainer? Or so it's stated on my Revised resume...

Being a stay-at-home mum means you have to be child entertainer amongst many, Many, MANY other things. Catch my drift? *ahem* :P

It's been 3 mths (only?) since we've moved here and honestly, my 'thrill tank' is running on empty and I'm in desperate need for a 'top up'. Fresh kiddy ideas, that is.

Since I've been catching episodes of Goong (or the 'Princess Hours') via YouTube, I was sure I could think of something along the theme.

'Ingenious' (or Incredibly Lame?) Idea numero uno? I made her a crown (in connection to princess, geddit? Geddit?) & all her furry 'subjects', tiny hats.

What's the fun in that you may ask? V frankly, I haven't a blinkin' clue?!! Ask the 2YO who seemed to revel in her new 'persona' and paraded round the house, looking utterly regal with her subjects in tow. But judging from the smiles, I'd say she enjoyed being 'Queen for the Day'!

* What a difference a blanket makes! I put one round Danielle like a 'royal cloak' to get her further 'into character' . Instead she uttered, 'Superhero'! Afterwhich, she pretended she was one & started singing (or what sounded vaguely like it) Hi-5's 'Action Heroes' song! She entertained herself with 'superhero' antics for the next 1/2 hr or so. Lucky me! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

As The Deer said...

I know what U mean... ha ha. Kae can be a tough one too...

Thinking up new games can be tough.

Will email U some ideas as they come along ha ha.

Anonymous said...

Hey you know....everytime i read your 'antics', I am extremely proud of what a GREAT mum you've become!! I mean, frankly, the efforts you put in - PHENOMENAL!

Saggs said...

Ahh? This is nothing. :)

Wait till you hear what Geri does - she draws and writes stories with Kae etc etc....