Monday, October 16, 2006

Grow old with you...

A friend of mine is thinking of proposing to his girlfriend soon. When asked how he knew she was The One, he replied simply, 'I can see myself growing old with her.'

You know, I can't imagine Dee and myself old? But I envision we'd be 2 cranky old fogeys wriggling our dentures, adjusting our bi-focals, waving our walking sticks & 'tut-tutting' at teenagers making out on the MRT.

I think I'd still love holding his old wrinkly hand then. Or straining to count the black strands of hair (if any!) from his receding locks of silver and greys...

It sure is a nice thought, growing old with someone you love.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This brings to mind that 'beautiful' song Adam Sandler sang in the movie on the plane, "The Wedding Singer"....

I wanna make you smile
Whenever you're sad
Carry you around
When your arthritis is bad
All I wanna do is
Grow old with you.

As The Deer said...

Ah yesh.... lovely song. I dun think I can carry Ian around when his arthritis is bad but he can have the remote control to himself anytime keke.

I can see you and Dennis growing old wif each other. =D Was telling Ian how timeless the love of u guys seem like... even now, your love is still so youthful...

May you have fun counting the white hair now and the black hair later... =D

P/S: I did a little portrait of ur family... but havent sent yet =D