Sunday, September 10, 2006

A whole lotta lovin' from Singapore!

Lucky, lucky me! I received 2 calls from people v dear to me from Singapore today.
1) My chichi
2) Steph

And I also received many luurvin' emails from my B, Geri and me poppa and momma. Oh happy, lovin' day! :)

B told me she had gotten some educational Chinese books for Danielle. I was touched speechless coz she'd bothered to go all the way down to Popular Bookstore to pick them out for Danielle. Thanks B, you are always so thoughtful and doting towards Danielle... and me! We're very blessed indeed. (errr, sorry for the slightly 'exposed' shot, it was the only one I had of you and Danielle! The one at Mabes' place was accidentally deleted by Dee! Bleh!)

After church, we met up with one of Dorothy's friends, Toon Ling, who works in JP Morgan here. Dorothy had made the intros via email and we continued on from there. She's a warm and spritely girl and we had a great time with her despite it being our first meet up.

She lives in Bayswater (Zone 1, mai siao siao hor!) and that suburb is supposedly famous for its roasted meats (cha siew, roast duck etc). So we decided to meet her there to sample for ourselves what people have been runting and raving about. She brought us to 'Four Seasons', dubbed the best in the area. But the verdict - palatable but forgettable. After, we had cakes and coffee at Carluccio's, which is quite a popular Italian chain in London. The cakes were simply scrummi-licious! I had a fig and walnut tart, Toon Ling had a lemon tart (I liked hers better!) and Danielle had an orange sponge which she shared with papa. Toon Ling highly recommended the hot chocolate so we ordered a cup each. Oh, it was goooood...sheer decadence in a cup! The walls of the cups were lined with thick,chocolate sauce and along with the warm sweet milk...it was pure chocolate heaven, I tell ya! A great pick-me-up for people with a penchant for all things sweet! To top off the day's events, Toon Ling presented me with her extra stash of Milo 3-in-1! She said that she was a big fan too and had people bringing more for her. So she offered me a WHOLE pack to relieve my withdrawal symptoms. Hehehehe. It really takes one to know one and I think she must've known how much I missed MILO!

Or perhaps I was drooling a bit too much when she daggled the bag infront of me? Whatever it was, I certainly enjoyed my steaming hot mug of Milo at night.

5 comments:

As The Deer said...

Congrats on getting your hands on some Milo 3-in-1!! =D

And yesh... I dun think Cheena food in UK can surpass those we get here... =p

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Your description of the chocolate drink was drool-inducing. You know how I love chocholate....ooohh! Bad for waistline though.

Love from Sunny Singapore.

Anonymous said...

hahaha...spelling error in the above posting. What would dad say...jialat!

Anonymous said...

Yo Skiver!!! That's NOT farnee lor!!! Sheesh!!!

Saggs said...

Steph! That picture of Bess n Danielle was taken on our 'secret mission' to get you the RIGHT kebaya skirt hor! Pang bwa liap or not, you shd excuse the 'exhibitionist' one! Heehee

Saggs