Tuesday, September 05, 2006

No rest & No sleep make me a Dull Mum

Anyone who's a parent will tell you it's a 24/7 job. That's why it's imperative to get a good night's rest or suffer the repurcussions the next day.

I was awakened by a call at 2am this morning and couldn't get back to sleep after that. The rest of the day was spent sluggishly and whilst I managed to drag myself to bring Danielle to the library for the reading session, I simply could not gather enough strength to bring her out to the park later that evening. Instead, I chose the easy way out - I popped in a 1hr video for her (Thank God for Veggie Tales!) and snuck a snooze while she was at it. :P

Not proud of it and that's not how I'd like to spend a day with her. So tonight, it's off to bed early so we can have a fruitful day out tomorrow!

* Dee sure is lucky. Every time he comes home from work, he has a welcome party - 1 'secretly relieved' wife clapping her hands (Oh gawd, help at last!), and 1 highly excited toddler jumping up and down (Oh finally, another playmate!) screaming 'papa!papa!'. This is what family life is supposed to be, no? :)

2 comments:

As The Deer said...

Lol yes I understand what it is like to parent a hyper kid with little sleep too lol.

And Dennis is blessed indeed!

Anonymous said...

you know...there IS a reason why this opportunity came up for Dennis & the 'sacrifices' necessary for the Chans to move (incl. your list of insecurities) seem to all finally make some sense?

reading about how 'family life' is so lovely for you now made me realise tt its probably His way of taking out all the unnecessary distractions in your family life so you can enjoy Danielle & a taste of true-blue FAMILY lovin' like you've always wanted....yes?