Wednesday, September 27, 2006

A 'Dear God' Letter...

Dear God,
Thank You for today. We had the best time with Silke and her son, Nelson. Thank You for sending me 'a friend' even though I was unsure I needed one. Today, while walking to Silke's house, You heard my prayer didn't You, God? I asked You to teach me not to have expectations. I asked You to bind the nervousness & unconfidence within me. And just be myself.

God, You made my day really beautiful. Talking to Silke, and watching her enjoy Danielle... it felt so familiar and comforting. It was as though I'd known her for longer, not out on our first walk together. Her warmth reminded me so much of people back home, people whom I miss & share so much of Danielle's and my life with. Thank You for sending me someone who seems genuinely interested to know me, someone who is so taken by Danielle. I could not ask for better...

God, You are an Awesome God. And although I'm so unworthy, I thank You for still blessing me. But most of all, I thank You for blessing me with a daughter like Danielle, whose cherubic face lights up ever-so readily, whose cheeky antics draw smiles in an unsmiling world, whose unguarded friendliness opens doors for mummy. Thank You God, for Danielle Faith Chan... my little girl who caught Silke's eyes.

Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey looks like you found a friend.:)Is this the same lady who pick you up at the library coz of Danni? She looks like a very kind lady..:)

Hey gald that you finally found some mummy companions ..:)

As The Deer said...

Cool! Silke's kid is quite cute as well.

Glad you let go and let Daddy handle it all and praise God you've got a newfound friend there.

May God bless this friendship between you and Silke as well as the one between the 2 kids.