Friday, September 29, 2006

A Bolt from the Blue

I recognise (and more evidently, since coming here) that we should, in ALL situations 'let God be God'. Sounds simple enough huh? As Geri would say, 'let our Daddy take over'.

But today, when faced head-on with one such situation, I wasn't quite as prepared as I thought I would be, to even meet God half-way...?

Scampered out of the house this morning to meet Beth and Scarlett at the nearby 'Nightingale Cafe'. It was our 2nd outing with them and was feeling altogether rather pleased that I'd had 2 'mummy dates' in a week! Woo hoo! *pat on back*

As usual, before any meet-up, I would pray - asking God for guidance, asking Him to bless the time, and for me to be myself (paramount importance!!!). Everything was going according to my plan, but as I was happily sipping my regular brew, Beth 'dropped the bomb' on me - they were relocating to HK by the end of the year! As she gushed about how exciting this was going to be for her family, I sat there, momentarily stunned. Tried to keep a huge smile on my face coz I knew this was a great opportunity for them. But in all honesty, I was dumbfounded. I know, I know... I haven't even known them for that long. Why get so affected?

But I am. I am coz anything or anybody I get into contact with here affects my life, and more so, my life with Danielle. I'm a stickler for 'routine' and 'familiarity' so just as I thought things were finally going my way, am dealt with this 'blow'. One less playmate for Danielle, and of the same age!!!! Arrrrgh...why God, Why?

On my walk home after, I had a chance to think things over.Thank God for walks, I always end up with a better state of mind and a clearer perspective!

I thought to myself, as much as it is that God can bless us with something, He can also withdraw it, because that (the withdrawal), falls into His plan. God doesn't take things away from us to be cruel or unkind. Instead He does so, becoz in His bigger scheme of things, He has better plans for us.

With this in mind, I thank You, God. I thank you even though 'normalcy' (something I crave!) is sometimes taken out of my life. Please teach me to accept Your will when things don't go my way. So even though Beth & Scarlett will leave us soon, I thank you that You placed them in our lives even if for a brief moment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey dearie, think abt it! HK is much closer to SIN...so when u get back to SIN, it'd be way easier to keep in touch with both Beth & Scarlett! Think positive, my love!

As The Deer said...

I agree with B =) you're not losing a friend at all! She's just going to be in HK whilst you are in UK. Can still keep in touch via emails right? ^.^

And babe there are MANY more mummies out there who will make great friends and kids who will make wonderful playmates/friends of Danielle.

I am sure when God displaces one friend from UK to HK, He will bless you with even more friends.

Just imagine lor... next time, go HK for hols got a friend you can meet up with there!

Glad you keep letting go so Daddy can do His thing. ^.^ Perfect love casts out all fear/anxiety!!

BIG HUGS from the mother of the kiddo with the 39.8 degrees celcius fever (feels so wierd to put the anal suppository into his ass ^^")

Anonymous said...

Remember that God never makes mistakes and He brought both of them into your life for a reason, even if it appears that her leaving is a kink in what you think would have been possibly a beautiful friendship in London.

You still have time to develop that friendship and as Bess and Geri have said, you can continue your friendship online or otherwise when she moves to HK.

Meanwhile, enjoy your newfound friendship.