Monday, September 18, 2006

A McChi by any other name is still my McChi...

My sis and I have many pet names for each other. Some quite hair-raisingly 'rou ma', truth be told! But then again, everyone's always said my relationship with my sis was brinking on 'lesbo-ism'? Harharhar...Eeeks!

Anyway, my ever-so-witty, downright corny but beauteous (putting this in for good measure!) sis, after reading my blog entries on Ireland, decided to confer herself the 'honourary' Irish-esque title, 'McChi'. And Danielle became 'McNelle'. As for me?

'McQiubio'.

Definitely an addition to our pet name list eh, Chi?

What can I say? My sis is simply bo liao. *roll eyes all over the place* And she knows no bounds? In fact, she was the one who convinced me to change my template to green, in an obvious attempt to align my 'blog look' to my Ireland entries. And of course I acceded - hook, line and sinker? She even started writing emails to me in a mock Irish accent. 'Wee lassy', 'St Patrick Lund'... oh me shamrocks...

It's certainly rare to have a relationship with a sister this close. The only other successful sisters I know are prob Clara/Jaime, Mel/Gail, Bess/Jess/Corinne, Es/Rachel(?). Indeed, we are the blessed few.

Even silly things we do make me miss her. While on Skype last nite, we both displayed our lack in prowess to talk on Skpe and type 'chats' to each other at the same time! When we typed, we couldn't talk, and vice versa. *Shakehead* So much for being able to multi-task, huh? How ever do we manage as mums? Heeheehee.

Hmmm, better not write further coz all this is making me teary. Sheesh.

But metinks, I shud tell ya dis - I'm the blessed one to 'ave ya, McChi... :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm kinda miffed tt I'm not mentioned in the same breath...with Bessy/Jessy??!?!??!

Man...i think we are closer than Esther & Rachel lor!?!?!?!?

I demand a "reprint" to address the inaccuracy of this report!! Hmmph!

Saggs said...

Heeheeehee... ok, sorry lah! You closer to Jessy or Corinne?