Friday, August 25, 2006

Touched By the Hand of God...


As I read the entries to my own blog today, I was suddenly humbled. All the chapters of my life in the UK have been peppered with tiny blessings. Oftentimes, they were 'blink-and-you'd-miss-it' kinds. And I have, ashamedly, forgotten to thank the one power whom I owe everything to - God.

Just before we left, I shared with many of my family and friends, the fears and doubts within me. And many a time, I would be comforted by a word or an email from someone who would remind me that God would be with me. All I needed was to have faith the size of a mustard seed, or merely touch the tailends of His robe and all my insecurites would melt away. What folly to never 'Let God be God' and leave my life in His planning!

As I continue with life here, I hang on to this favourite verse of mine, taken from Jeremiah 29:11~13 :

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. 12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i must say that your are coping FANTASTICLY well.:) I was worried for you and i remember your reservations abt the move.

Yes, baby steps of faith. Is the little things that God sees us through that we know we serve a faithful God that will be there for us even if the sky falls down..:)

It is wonderful to be able to rest under His wing. Hopefully when my turn comes to make my move, i will remember to lean and trust Him too.

Cheers,
Mel

As The Deer said...

Yes. It is wonderful to be able to rest and wait in the Lord. Ian and I have had so many wonderful blessings recently and even in the midst of our troubles, we look at how God showers us with blessings big and small all over the place. =)

Like the Don Moen song said... God is good all the time and all the time God is good!