Monday, August 21, 2006

Danielle's 2nd birthday!

20th August was Danielle's bday but poor girl didn't have a party, unlike if she were in Singapore. Instead, she had a fruit tart and mee sua for dinner. That, in essence, was all there was to the celebration. Well, better than nothing I guess? Dee was feeling all sorry for her becoz her cake (sorry, it was more like a smashed up tart!) wasn't huge like it was last year. He reassured Danielle he'd get her a humongous cake when we finally got back to Singapore. That set me thinking - Danielle's actually a very blessed little girl, big cake or not. I mean, at 2, she's already living in the UK, has travelled by plane to Australia and Bangkok and has gone on a cruise 3 times!

I remember when I was in Primary School, a boy classmate of mine, Rodney, told me his parents never once celebrated his bday and it was treated like any other day. I felt very sorry for him then and I feel sorry for any child out there who's never had a birthday or doesn't even know when he/she was born. Sadly, there are many of such children out there but many of us don't know just how blessed we truly are. I hope that Danielle will have many more happy birthdays like the one we had yesterday, regardless of size of cake. God knows she enjoyed herself simply by blowing out her 2 candles yesterday, oblivious to the fact that she had no presents from her parents nor other party guests to sing her the bday song.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pix of danni..:) She look most innocent and adorable..

Mel

As The Deer said...

She looks so sweet in this picture! She's such a burst of sunshine =D