Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Hui, Ah Yee sure does miss you

Danielle's asleep now and I was reading a mag in the living room when I glanced up and happened to see a picture I have of Huihui on the alcove. Sigh, I really miss her. Especially the way she calls me 'Ah Yee, Ah Yee'. My sis told me recently over email that Huihui had said she 'wanted to go to the Zoo with Ah Yee' and that made me feel so sad. Even though 2 yrs is a short time, I will still be missing out on many of Huihui's milestones. I wonder whether she will even remember her 'Ah Yee' after these 2 yrs? I remember vividly when she first arrived in Singapore after being delivered in Sydney. I was working at Planet Marketing then and because we did jobs for CAAS, Rob (who was with me) and I were able to get my sis and Von from straight off their plane. Huihui was this tiny thing then, reddish and oh-so-quiet. It was love at first sight for me. Not only because she is my dearest sister's daughter, but she is and will always be, my first niece. I know I will ALWAYS love her like my own. And it is my wish that she will be close to Danielle. I sure do miss you Hui...

No comments: