Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shh... the mouse is sleeping

Unbelievable. We found a mouse in one of the kitchen cabinets today. Dead. Actually it was Danielle who found it since yesterday but I thought she was just exercising her imagination again when she turned to me and said ' shhh, mouse is sleeping' and gave a little giggle. I was busy cooking so took no notice of her 'discovery'. But today, when she said it to me again, I decided, what the heck, I'll just humour her and look into the cabinet. And what a shock I got. There, at the end of the cabinet (which we dun use, thank God!) was a little grey mouse carcass. I knew it was dead coz I poked it a little bit. Then I had to explain to danielle that it was not sleeping but dead. Soon, she was repeating to herself ' mouse dead, mouse dead'. She wanted to touch it even (cute little bugger it was) but that was a definite No-no from me!

We took a REALLY long walk today. Abt 3 hrs' long. Explored Tooting, which turned out to be a mini 'Little India'! Felt so out of place, being the only chinese mummy with toddler in tow. Went into one of the grocers and was pleasantly surprised (and a little relieved) to see 3 other Chinese people buying their groceries. Things there are a bit cheaper so I may take a bus down the next time to buy some fresh produce. Also found the budget outlet 'Primark' that Zubeyde was telling me about. Ok good, now I know where to get those nice white stockings that Danielle can wear during winter. Think will explore that area more another day. Take some photos too for Mel who can't believe that there are soooo many Indians in the UK! I swear it was saris and tandoori take-out galore there!

Been have quite a bit of probs with the comp. Need JH's expertise! Dee will prob drop him an email to ask for further advice. The internet surf time we have on this comp is getting shorter and shorter. Dammit.

Anyway, didn't post any msgs for 16 August but just wanna add that we ventured to Tooting Bec Common, which is abt a 15~20 min walk from our house. It's a charming park with a nice playground and another One O'clock club. May toggle going to this one and the Agnes Riley Gardens.

An achievement for danielle today too! She pooped and shee-sheed in the potty! Ok, baby steps in potty training. Not the easiest thing to do when I sometimes have to carry a screaming toddler to the bunny potty! But success nonetheless so am pleased.

Cooked 'claypot rice' today and happy to report that it was a success. It's D's 1 mth anniversary of starting work here in the UK! 1 mth already! Geez!

2 comments:

As The Deer said...

Hehe... she is speaking a lot better huh? Cutie lah she... "Shh mouse is sleeping. " Lol. At least mice are cuter than the occasional rat we get here. =)

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I really enjoyed reading your blogs and sharing in your life..:) Danni's antics are just so adorable. Is so refreshing to view the world through the eyes of a child..:)

Yes, show me the Indians and i would like to see how they bend it like beckham..:)

Cheers,
Mel