Thursday, August 10, 2006

Something from God's Minute

Didn't have internet connection for almost 2 weeks and was not able to look into my emails. When I finally got connected on 7th August, oh man, I felt liberated! Anyway, everyone's asleep already and I am going through more emails (I had 143 to begin with!). I chanced upon something in 'God's Minute', a Daily Ministry thingamy that I subscribe to. Something I read on one of them that I'd like to share:

'Now they say it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour
to appreciate them, a day to love them, but then an entire life to
forget them. So take the time to keep in touch with your friends, you never know when you'll need each other.'

I thought this was so applicable to me especially when I'm so far away from so many of my dear friends. I sometimes wonder to myself who are the ones worth holding onto as well. But when I read such passages, it makes me think it doesn't harm me to be kind or give a smile to someone who may not return in kind, but as long as my gesture has made that someone feel special, I am content. Hope to continue to live by this mantra, though hard.

I sure miss all of you, my dearest gal pals.

No comments: