Thursday, August 10, 2006

Living life on a schedule

Today's... God, I dun even know what date it is! Life just goes on day by day. Anyway, it's a Thurs afternoon in the UK now and Danielle's hving her nap earlier today. I need her to be up by 130pm latest to get ready for a library reading session at Balham Library. That's abt 10~15 min walk from our flat.

Since moving here, and first time being a stay-at-home mum and all, have had to rely alot on Community Services. The Library is a great resource and through it, I found out alot about playschools, pre-schools, creches, day nurseries etc. In fact, I realised that there are quite a few community-based services I can make use of in the UK. I now bring Danielle for reading sessions on Tues and Thurs to Balham Library (as mentioned previously).

With Dee's encouragement, we also decided that the best way to go about organising my days with Danielle are to have a sort of time-table. So at any time of the day, there'll be something for her to do. That goes for me too. Currently, my 'rest times' are when Danielle has a nap or is watching her fav Hi 5 (kindly taped by my dad from Kids Central with no commercial breaks!). So any time any of you see me online, it's coz Danielle is busy doing something that frees up my time!

Came back from the library session at 4-ish pm. The reading session started at 2:15pm and actually ended at 3pm but I thought I'd walk around the area. Went to Boots (quite a good pharmacy here), bought a gingerbread man for Danielle from Gregg's that kept her quiet and well-behaved for a good length of time after, then walked back to Clapham South, stopped over at Clapham Common for Danielle to run around a bit then to TESCO for some grocery shopping. The TESCO at my place is going to undergo some minor renovation so will be closed for 10 days. As I shop there most often, thought I'd stock on some meats and other stuff for next week. Yep, very house-wifey eh?

At TESCO, Danielle began to fuss quite abit and started screaming at certain times. We had finished the gingerbread man by then so I had nothing to soothe her with, other than keep her occupied aisle after aisle whilst I picked up stuff along the way. At some point, her screaming really started to peeve me, so I ended up buying a bag of baby gummies to shush her. I had to literally open the bag first and pay for it later. Not proud of it, dun wanna do it too often but sometimes, you just need to do something to shush the child up for that moment.

And so, another day passes...

1 comment:

As The Deer said...

I LOVE BOOTS! Remember to get their membership/loyalty card thingee... not sure if they still have it but it accumulates points that you can exchange for stuff. WH SMITH had that too when I was there.

U make me miss UK lah haha... ^.^