Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Agnes Riley One O'clock Club

Made progress today and finally brought Danielle to the 'One O'clock' club although when we arrived, it was the tail end of the session. The reason why I haven't been able to bring Danielle for a proper session is coz she always takes her nap about 11ish or 12ish and wakes up about 2ishpm. The 'One O'clock' club near my place is abt 10¬15 min walk from our flat and is located in a little white hut at the Agnes Riley Gardens. And in accordance with its name, it begins at 1pm...

The club is filled with all kinds of toys, paints, art and craft for children aged naught till abt 5. I think it shd be quite fun coz I even saw dress up costumes. When I opened the gates to the club, Danielle literally charged for the nearest play thing she saw. She didn't really mix much and spent most of the time either observing the other kids or playing by herself. She still has 'anxiety attacks when she doesn't see me coz when I stepped away to get myself a chair and she didn't see me leave, she started bawling when she couldn't 'find' me. By the way, her fav word since yesterday is 'OK'. She answers a 'Yes' or 'No' question with an 'OK'. Sometimes cute, sometimes infuriating! Ok, back to her time at the club. She was 'harrassed' by a little boy! This 3 year old named Edward seemed to take a 'fancy' to Danielle and kept wanting to 'cuddle' (I quote him verbatim!) her. He hugged and kissed her at least 5 times in the 20 mins that she was at the club. Hahaha. Quite cute actually. Unfortunately, didn't catch it on camera in case his mummy didn't like him to be photographed. After the club session ended at 4pm, I brought her to the playgrd, also located at Agnes Riley Gardens. We played at the sand pit and the swings and Danielle picked up a nice white rock in the pit. I actually wanted to bring it home to start a 'treasure trove' of things for her. But I forgot to pick it up. Hai... never mind lah. We will go to the playground again next week. :)

2 comments:

As The Deer said...

The One O'Clock Club sounds fun! Glad things are going great over there for you guys. From the happy pics on the Kodak gallery, it seems everyone is settling down very happily there. Do keep writing the blog hehe... really nice to read. I read it out to Ian also when he has time. =)

Pooh said...

heehee...welcome to the blog world.
:)