Sunday, August 20, 2006

God makes beautiful things


Doesn't everybody smile when they see a rainbow? I do. And when I see one, I am reminded of how great God is and how wonderful it is to be alive.

Yesterday (19 Aug), we went to visit Dee's JC friend, Mei Ling, who lives in Harpenden , Hertfordshire. It's a v quaint town an hour away from our house (door to door). I love it there coz there are many lovely little shops and people are generally friendlier as compared to those in London. The town is more populated by Caucasians unlike in London city where you see more black, Indians and Pakistanis. Mei Ling was back in SGP recently and she helped bring back some stuff for us, mainly chinese herbs and a tin of Danielle's milk. To return the favour, we bought her a delicious (yum!) chocolate cake and treated her to lunch. Lunch was at a place called Lily's Cafe, near Mei Ling's house. We'll be attending Mei Ling's wedding in Ireland next month (Sept 14). Her husband-to-be, Andrew, is a pilot and a sweetheart. We always enjoy ourselves when we're in Harpenden.

1 comment:

As The Deer said...

I love rainbows... they are always a strong reminder of all of God's promises to us. =)


I also have a wonderful memory connected to rainbows where God showed me he does listen to our prayers for the first time. That was also the first time I asked Him if He really listens or if it's just our imagination.

And the answer, a resounding YES!