Monday, December 25, 2006

Well and truly stuffed

Our spread @ Christmas

Christmas traditionally sees us stuffing/guzzling ourselves silly. This year was no different. In fact, methinks I can still feel last nite's beef making its slow migration from my small intestine to the larger. *Belch*

As it was our first Christmas away from home, I decided to give my MIL ONE day of rest (heehee!) and whip up the Christmas fare. On my Christmas menu:

MAINS:
  • Beef marinated in English mustard, served with thick beef gravy
  • Honey baked ham (from Waitrose)
  • Shepard's pie
  • Cumberland sausages in honey and grainy mustard
SIDES:
  • Potato & egg salad
  • Mushy peas
  • Fresh greens with cherry tomatoes
  • Olives stuffed with sundried tomatoes
  • Cream cheese dip (with tuna apple and walnut), served with carrot sticks and breadsticks
DESSERT:
  • MIL's fruitcake
  • Mince pies (from TESCO)
&... liberal quantities of champagne, wine and beer, of course.

That was how we spent Christmas, how did you spend yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two thumbs up to Qiubio for an excellent attempt at preparing a feast for all to enjoy. Wish I could have tried some of the good stuff.

I hardly did anything this Christmas -- only boiled pasta cos' wanted to rest. Quite a bit of stuff was bought (Turkey, ham and French pastry) and my MIL cooked some pasta for the kids, and some zucchini and mushroom dishes. Mum prepared egg and potato salad -- yummy. And Geri did a very refreshing and beautiful fruit salad. Von prepared roast beef. We also had log cake, courtesy of Geri's parents.