Sunday, December 17, 2006

Vermin in our midst

We had 2 uninvited visitors in our house today.

They scuttled up our stairs in plain sight, or dare I say, brazenly??!!

Whilst living in the UK has 'saved' me from encountering abominable invertebrates such as cockroaches (arrgh, eek, help!), ants, and lizards - all which are resident houseguests in Singapore homes - am now faced with another sort of pesky, pest-y problem.

Mice.

To be honest, I'm not afraid of these furry critters having kept some as pets earlier in my life. In fact, I find them kinda cute? But having a feral one (in this case, 2!) scampering around my house, nibbling through my nibblies, is somewhat unnerving. Coupled with the fact that I don't want the critter(s) anywhere near Danielle's food or munchies, of course.

However...I managed to rid 1 of 2 out of my house, I did. *pat on back*

Yes, c'est moi, c'est nes pas Mister.

Shan't go into details on how I did it, but in case any animal lovers out there are reading this - my actions were swift, did not involve bloodshed or a karate-chop to the neck, God forbid.

Am still on a look-out for the other rodent (now Public Enemy No.1!) who's probably having a grubfest in one of my cupboards as I'm typing this. Bleh.

Hello little fella.
Come out, come out, wherever you are!

Am rather enjoying my 'hero' status in the household now. Or heroine, in my case. Dee is more than happy to swap ranks with me, seeing the current dire situation. Heh heh.

So, hand me them pants now, won't you, luvie? :)

* Started playing 'Spot the Mouse' with Danielle. She's absolutely over the moon that we have 'a leee-tle mouse' in our apt. Can't bear to break it to her that once caught, lil' mouse ain't staying as a pet or anythin'. I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.


5 comments:

Saggs said...

Dennis here. Very funny! i don't have a particular love for these furry stuff. I must admit i'm not exactly very comfortable with them, but if push comes to shove, i'll eliminate them no doubt! but obviously my method would definitely be more gory!! considering that i don't exactly appreciate catching them by their tail and/or be in close contact with them! Hammer, heavy books, chair... you name it... you'll see it fly... and splat!!

Unknown said...

yes, what is it with you husbands? i am also the one catching all these "unsavouries" in the house!

Anonymous said...

Say "hi" or is it "Adieu" to Stuart Little for me...

Pooh said...

eh dennis, mice u also scare ah?
heeheehee.... :P

Shalom said...

Bravo to the Madame of the House...

Good job on the mice.

Eh here have rats also lor... =) As long as there are not ants and cockroaches (eeeeeeeeeeeew) I am a happy woman.

Anyawyz, BIG HUGS... and a round of applause...