Sunday, December 10, 2006

In Good Company

(Note: this is a backdated entry)

After spending an afternoon (5 Dec) at Silke's:

My hair smells of butter and sugar
My face's powdered with flour
My mouth is speckled with crumbs
My fingernails are caked with remnant yellow dough
My t-shirt is dappled with bits of choc chips & colourful sprinkles


You've guessed it - I've been B-A-K-I-N-G (I know, me? bake?) !!! Cookies, to be exact.

Made a whole batch with Silke today. And I have to say - this is my FIRST time baking cookies (or anything at all!) with a friend. Unless, of course, you consider Home Econs classes during secondary school. But I certainly don't! Especially not under the watchful eye of shrieky Mrs Temple! *shudder*


We had a really, really good time. Silke got the dough ready prior to us going over, so all we had to do was roll it out, and cut out the shapes. But the best bit - decorating them! Even Danielle helped and that thrilled her to bits!

Whilst we mummies busied ourselves with flour, dough & icing sugar, the kids had their hands (and mouths!) full - eating bits of cookie dough, licking icing, stealing Smarties and colourful sprinkles off the table, and floor. Greedy little buggers.

After the last batch of cookies was decorated and icing left to settle, we sat down for a nice cuppa, ate stollen and sampled some of our sugary biscuits. They were mouth-smackingly delish! It was a fantastic way to pass the afternoon...Oh, one more thing - I mentioned A-ha to Silke and whaddya know, she whipped out the 'Hunting High and Low' album! We went on to listen to it 3 x over! Talk about overkill. By the end of the 3rd round, I was ready to wrangle Morten's throat (causing him to shrill more, no doubt!). And I don't care how much I profess I luuurv (???) him!

On a slightly different note, Danielle asked for her 'harness' tonight. It's been a loooong time since she's asked to be put in it. And I stopped using it simply because she's so big and heavy now. But she asked for it tonight when I sang 'Edelweiss' to lull her to sleep. Awwww... she associates mummy singing that song with the harness. :)

* Urm, you don't see me often in the photos but I was helping out in baking ok! No one took me while I was rolling out the dough, cutting out shapes, or decorating my batch of cookies. Boo hoo, such is the life behind the lens (eh, Jh?). Kekeke...

**Photos were recently downloaded with use of card reader from JH! More in another entry! But yes... I'm BACK! Wahahahaha!

No comments: