Thursday, December 28, 2006

I need a caffeine fix, Mummy!

The great part about the coffee culture here (and I suspect, other caucasian countries) is that they make the effort to cater to children.

Mummies around the world will likely concur that having coffee is no fun when you have to keep one eye on your kid(s), and the other on swirling sugar into your warm brew.

And try catching up with a girlfriend? Pfffht, not going to happen, erm, girlfriend!

So thank God for children-friendly concoctions like the babycinno Danielle is enjoying here:


For a good 20 minutes or so, it's amazing what a teeny cup like that can do for your nerves. This is a sure way to take kids' minds off traipsing elsewhere, or have their hands in places they shouldn't be (blot out ye filthy thoughts, you pervs out there! You know who YOU are, JH! Heehee! Super sabo!).

Danielle thinks she's drinking coffee of course. But it's actually milk, topped off with lots of froth. And becoz they serve it in the coventional way, kids are utterly beguiled. Rather than burst her bubble, I'm happy for her to savour her moment of being 'all grown up'.

And whilst she's at it, I sit back, and enjoy my own cuppa. :)



4 comments:

Pooh said...

hey! Dun any how drag me in to your nefarious accusations. :P

wah... Danni can now join us for coffee. :D

Saggs said...

Haha! you got to see the 'unedited' version. I've taken it out liao lah. Lucky you.

Saggs said...

Put it back again. Couldn't help it. Your (above)comment egged me on... Har har!

Pooh said...

basket.....