Thursday, December 07, 2006

Boy II Man

Early this morning, I was awakened by the desperate need to answer nature's call. The trip to 'the John' somewhat jolted me from sleep and after, I decided to surf the internet in a lame attempt to 'lull' myself to sleep... suuuuure.

Imagine my surprise when I navigated to Geri's blog.

My brother, Ian, PROPOSED!!!

"Whh...?!"

I couldn't believe it? I knew it was coming but I didn't expect it so soon. I sat there - reeling in a mixture of disbelief, happiness, worry (although I know I shouldn't) & confusion.

I say confusion because I realised, in that one swift act, my kid brother made one of the most 'adult' decisions in his life.

And in that one moment, he's no longer 'Ianie boy'. He's become a man. A MAN??!! And soon-to-be husband, and father figure.

As an older sis, I'm still grappling with his newly-inducted status. I can't help but think of him as a teen not a day past 18 - gawky (but cute, heehee), slightly hunched, with eyes perpetually glued to the computer.

But whilst I grapple, I am happy for them. I feel, without doubt, that Ian has found a wonderful soul-mate in Geri.

So, CONGRATS from us to the newly-engaged!!! We know you will be immensely happy together. Remember to always place GOD in the centre of your lives...

Our love and prayers of many good things to come, are always with you.

Congrats, 'kiddos'... :)



Postscript: My blog's turning into a bulletin board of family-type announcements and glad tidings! Who's next? Heehee!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gosh!!!!... Wow!!.. Congrats to the newly proposed couple..:)

So many good news happening in the Wee family recently - is double happiness..:)

i cant imagine Ian finally getting himself a wife too. I taught him once ,he was the best student in the class. Now he is ready to take on 'manly' activities..:)

My heartiest blessing to both Ian and Geri.:) You two are great together!

Anonymous said...

Hey hey...congratulations are in order! Good job, Ian! And Saggs, I know what you mean... i'd be shell-shocked too if Zhenling is to come tell me (one day FAR in the future...) that she's getting hitched!

As The Deer said...

Thanks everyone for the congrats and well-wishes. Geri here

=D Ian is currently in Tokyo directing a National Geographic shoot and living in this fab hotel: http://www.ceruleantower-hotel.com/en/

He sends everyone his warmest greeting and thanks. Do keep us in your prayers as we embark on a new journey together and also for his trip.

I am very blessed to one day have sisters-in-grace like Sylvia and Vivien... and lovely parents-in-grace. =) I say "in-grace" because I am truly blessed by their love and by God's grace that I was given a precious blessing like Ian.

Unknown said...

We are happily surprised!!!

My family are so happy for both Ian and Geri.

I believe God is truely blessing the Wee Family with so many good news.

We will all be waiting for the invite!! hehe

Luv from the Tan Family,
Roberto, Irenena and baby Isaiah