Tuesday, December 12, 2006

TORNADO!

Gosh, I'm writing so many of these backdated entries! Oh what the heck!

A tornado hit London last week. Round about the time I went to get Danielle from nursery.

I remember it raining but as it wasn't too heavy, I decided not to bring an umbrella along. Lazy (and later v drenched!) bum.

As I headed towards Oldridge Road, I felt my steps literally shifting with the direction of the wind. If I were any lighter, I swear, I would've been swept off my feet and given a twirl around - just like them autumn leaves on the ground.

Only later did I realise (via tv coverage) I'd probably experienced some of the effects of the tornado up North. Thank God we live in Southwest London so we didn't experience the brunt of it.

Poor folks living in the Northwest though...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great that you survived the tornado. Yes, you are still slim and light and may have "flown" back to Singapore had the winds been any stronger. Don't want you back too soon...hehehe.