Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Out on the boardwalk

On Sunday, Danielle & I embarked on our first ever 'business trip' to Bournemouth with Papa.

A summery weather was what we needed to enjoy a few days out of overcast London. Thankfully, that's exactly what we got. Clear skies, sunshiney rays, the gorgeous smell of the ocean, a cool gentle breeze. At last, the advent of Summer?

For Danielle and me, this was a nice summer break away from our humdrum routine of playdates, park/library visits, and the lot. But for Dee, Monday simply meant the start of another gruelling work week. I felt almost guilty enjoying the sights while he went for meeting after meeting, pored over reports and volumes of data...

We managed to spend most of Sunday with him though. We took a stroll on the boardwalk, went round and round the carousel, played games at the weekend funfair (Cheeky won a Pink Panther), ate mountainous fluffs of cotton candy, and reclined lazily on the yellow and blue deckchairs that lined the seashore.

And when Papa went to work on Monday, Danielle and I explored the city centre, soaked in the hotel pool, and ate slow, leisurely breakfasts at the hotel cafe.

I got to meet some of Dennis' staff for the first time too. Was rather unnerved at the thought of having to meet some of his work colleagues over dinner. But it went OK. Was relieved when they bothered to strike up a conversation with me. I was really dreading an evening of contrived small talk and awkward silences.

You see, the thing is - I'm scared shitless when it comes to attending work gatherings. Even now, when I don't work. Even worse, now that I don't work?!

How?


3 comments:

Pooh said...

orrr... so that was what he was talking abt in the email lah.
:)

Looks like a very nice place!

I am "B" said...

Oooh...what fun! I'm ENVIOUS!! Can't wait for Bojojo to be all "grown-up" like Danielle... sigh...

As The Deer said...

i love the carousel!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the cotton candy shot too! I wish Singapore had nice amusement parks like that. I'd take Kae and I'd get my wedding pics done there. Fun! Nell is growing into a real babe... Dennis will be beating the suitors off very soon... =D