Friday, August 03, 2007

3 + 5 = 2

On Thursday, I brought a 5YO and an almost 3YO out on a playdate. Yes, I bolded that for a reason. But let me put it in caps for yers (just so you read me right) -- OUTDOORS.


Oh I know, it's no biggie for those of you who have 2 or more kids in the family (those with maid in tow not counted! ). But I've never brought more than ONE child out by myself, so you could say this was my virgin attempt.

I wondered whether I could regale two kids (of different ages) for an entire day. As I planned the day's events, I wondered whether I was committing kamikaze. I half imagined myself nosediving into a sea of mangled Me-s -- lying half-dead, battered, hair resembling tumbleweed.

In the end, 'a fun day out for the kids' far outweighed my personal physical and mental well-being. Afterall, the London weather was finally showing shades of Summer again. W
hat excuse did I have keeping them indoors? (Oh here's an afterthought: personal sanity??! No achy breaky bones?!)

Behold! This is what I did with the kiddos from 945am ~ 630pm (almost 9 full hours!!!) :

visit Deen City Farm at Colliers Wood

keep 'em happy with 'exciting' keepsakes
like animal masks

let them throw stones into a big longkang

LUNCH!
altho' I had pasta waiting for us at home, Elliott
decided he'd much prefer fast food.
Perhaps that was a cleverer choice? :P


Back home, make magic bananas

visit the science museum

for being good, everyone gets an ice-cream

Suffice to say - I survived. Nope, not battered nor bruised. Hair was slightly disarray but that's expected when you're out with kids, no?

And you know what? I'll do it again. Let's just say I'm doing this just for 'practice'. *wink*

6 comments:

Unknown said...

my, my, you guys sure did a lot of stuff in a day! and does that last line mean what I think it means?! *O*

Pooh said...

eh??? For practice???
:O
Looking for future son-in-laws or looking after 2 kids?

:P

I am "B" said...

Hey hey...

1st Qn - Just WHO is the 5-year old Elliot?

2nd MORE IMPT Qn - Your last sentence.. do u mean practicing IN ADVANCE or does this mean it is an actuality? Huh huh huh??

Anonymous said...

Are you preggers?


Skiver A

Anonymous said...

Are U? Are U? Why the hint?? =D

Egg-citing!

U did a fantastic job of supervising the playdate from the looks of it. =)

Anonymous said...

Yes .. yes...

Tell us... Are you *wink* *wink*..:)

Btw, isn't these kids have a major sugar rush?? A trick to manage kids, keep out the sweets..:)