Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Bags Bubble Splat

One of the reasons why I love living in this country is its steady proffering of activities for children and families.

Having thrown that party last Friday, Danielle's actual bday was spent rather quietly. Not wanting to waste a perfectly good day, I arranged for us, along with Yuki and her mummy and brother Kai, to visit the National Portrait Gallery . We were eager to check out the 'Charlie and Lola' exhibition that the Gallery had commissioned author/artist Lauren Child to create.

Her exhibition was, unfortunately, a bit of a letdown. It was confined to a corner and there was only 1 'Lola' display and 3 interactive game panels where kids could play memory games. Sheesh.

We decided to stay on for the Gallery's free family summer activities. That proved more interesting and rewarding. The activity of the day was 'Design and Create A Bag'. At 2:30pm, the children gathered at the information counter where they were handed paper and pencils. They were then asked to draw on both sides of the paper. What they drew would be the design of their bag. Later, the children were led to the basement where craft tables had been set up. They were provided pieces of cloth, glue and 'image transfer' liquid to help them with the next step of creating the bags! I thought this was a splendid activity for the kids to get creative!

yuki and danielle doodling

danielle's finished piece!

After, we adjourned to Leicester Square for 'bubble tea'. Yuki and Yumiko had never tried it so I thought it would be worth the introduction. As expected, they loved it! It was a sweet ending to a lovely day out.
+++++++

One last bit. I'm adding this as an afterthought.
.
.
.

I no longer know how to deal with the anguish that comes with my period. If I could aptly paint a picture my heart - at that precise heartsinking moment - it would resemble a squashed tomato.

I am crushed.

You know the expression 'heartache'? I get it.

I suppose, for what it's worth, I should feel relieved that at least that proves I'm fertile. Yet, why has it been so difficult to conceive again?

I suppose God knows better than I do that I'm not ready? I don't mean to question but honestly, I wish I knew why.

In reading this, please do not tell me things I already know: not to stress about it, it will come, don't worry etc etc. I dispense such thoughts to myself daily.

I'm not fishing for sympathy votes here. I simply wanted to air this coz writing out my misery is the only way I can look at my whining and moping 'in the face' and tell myself to 'get over it!' and... 'don't worry, it will come'... See? :)

Writing this blog has been a journey for me. So if this were my travelog, I think I should record the pitfalls as well, don't you?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

applause for your honesty in putting this down. i think this is what my friends who are trying to conceive feel as well.....