Thursday, January 31, 2008

She ain't heavy, well, at least not for Jesus

I've been blogging alot about my conversations with Cheeks. I know.

To innocent byreaders, it would seem as though we sit around all day - twiddling our thumbs, twirling our hair, picking flossing our teeth - doing nothing remotely constructive except engaging in idle tete-a-tete.

Which, is true on most accounts. Ha.

Cheeks and I do talk to each other. ALOT. Eversince she learned to string sentences, we've been entertaining ourselves with endless palaver.

Who can blame us? 2 females shacked up in an old conversian flat, with wall-paper that's yellowing with age, shabby carpeting, and that many rooms. It's not like we can pretend the other doesn't exist, no?

But admittedly, we are a loquacious duo.

Besides, I reckon blogging our conversations is far more 'entertaining' than insipid ramblings about our weekly goings-on. But, for the sake of it, here is the week's update:

Mon- usual school day. Did very little before and after, probably doodled, read, played with dolls?
Tues - met V on Tues @ Covent Garden. Had dumpling noodles with her at Leicester Sq. Passed her her belated bday gift. Bought 70p red bean pastries in Chinatown. Strolled together for abit around Covent.
Wed - took a jaunt round Sloane Square. Bought 2 bottoms for Cheeks + some gifts for people back home from Zara as were on sale. Hoorah!
Thurs - Library day. Came home with a 'sackful'. All for Cheeks. Read half of them before bedtime. Also, dropped in at Waitrose.
Fri - going to meet Val & Luke for tea at Shipp's Tearoom, near Borough Market.

And with that, I realise I have strayed unbelievably from the aforementioned header. Apparently I blog loquaciously too?! Good grief.

The other day, Cheeks said something quite stifle-a-giggleish, after her bath.

D: Mama, Jesus can walk on water. (note: statement, not question)
M: Yes, He can. Can we walk on water?
D: Nooooo...
M: But you know, if ever Jesus asks us to 'walk' on water, I'm sure He can perform miracles on us such that we can walk on water too.
D: Then I will say 'whoooaaaa'! And ask Jesus to piggyback me.

I am so blogging these snippets of conversations as a way of preserving the otherwise forgotten chats with my 3YO who - let's face it- is only 3 once.

1 comment:

Daughter Of Sarah said...

Hehehe love her response.

I also want to be piggybacked by Christ!

WHOAAAAAA indeed =D

She is just so awesome.

= Geri