Thursday, January 17, 2008

She's got me covered, alright

Gale force winds robbed us of our biggest, bestest umbrella recently. Despite gripping it with She-Ra-esque strength, our once sturdy brolly was turned inside out and left badly mutilated - its stretchers all bent and broken. So, I chucked it in the bin.

Then yesterday, when it rained again, Cheeks asked:

D: Where is your umbrella, Mama?
M: Remember it broke and Mama had to throw it in the dustbin?
D: Oh yes, you did. It was completely broken, wasn't it? Poor mummy.
M: Actually, you should say poor umbrella becoz it was the umbrella that was broken. Not mummy.
D: No, I think it's poor mummy becoz you don't have an umbrella to shelter you anymore. You might get wet. You might fall sick.

Who needs shelter from a storm when you have the warmth and love from your sweet, sweet, sympathetic child? I don't.

Mandy Moore does an excellent rendition of Rihanna's 'Umbrella' so I'm dedicating this to my daughter... because she can ALWAYS stand under mummy's umbrella (ella, ella, eh eh).

:)

2 comments:

Pooh said...

She's so sweet.
:)

And I like her logic too. heehee...
Poor mummy.

As The Deer said...

Awwww... she is so shweeeet lah.

I hate using the brolly in UK. So I stopped after 2 weeks there. =)

Ian and I love Mandy's rendition of Umbrella - she emoted better I felt?

Just watched her in "A Walk To Remember" on Youtube - cried buckets! Now the song "Only Hope" keeps playing in my brain...