Friday, January 18, 2008

A word from the critic

When I uploaded a series of photos showing Danielle doing artwork on Facebook last week, I was sure to send the link to my parents. Afterall, the main illustration was done specially for them. Other than the badly-cutout paper clothes, everything else was done by our petit artiste.

Here's a mother's interpretation of the artwork:
"Grandma has stumpy legs and dorns an elegant pearl necklace. Gonggong sports thick calves and more hair on one side of his head. A bird hovers over GM's head because 'it was not being careful', and the Sun is green because the artist 'prefers it green'."

Most artpieces come under the strict scrutiny of art critics and in this case, Gonggong has taken it upon himself to critique this piece. Aptly so, since he was half the inspiration for it:

Commendable artwork from Danielle. We've become literally 'colourful' personalities. I spot a new face: quite grumpy-looking, it so happens. But the legs could be true me! Good to discover she's able to write the honorifics. I'm able to make out the spelling. Well done, girl!
Ahhh, my dad, forever the erudite commenter.

That's my niece, Huihui (Joyce) in the photo btw.
Danielle was not even born when that photo was taken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hehe loved your dad's response to Danielle's lovely piece of art!

Kae doesn't get that from his grandparents much - the most "Good job!" OR "Very nice." Hehe.

He does have a grandaunt (Dad's elder sister) who proudly displays his photos and artwork at her office though.

Having said that, I must do some art and craft wif Kae. =) I've been busy with wedding craft and he has been busy playing Lego of late. He's quite good at it I must say... I really sucked at Lego.

Thank God also for Lego's virtual Lego Creator - where he can use virtual Lego pieces to make his own virtual creation for free hehe.