Saturday, February 02, 2008

(not) Much ado about nothing

I'm going to blog this beginning in mid-sentence - pretend we've been deep in conversation, chatting about nothing of consequence. Because that's what this post is - about nothing, really.

... so hey, there are a couple of movies I've been eager to catch. Some recent releases, some from 2007:

1) Cloverfield (Cheeks calls this 'the statue with no head' whenever we pass the movie poster. Am wondering whether it's worth seeing since my cuz commented over FB that she actually hurled after. I can only presume it was due to the intentional jolty camera movements, and not becoz the movie was that bad. ??),
2) Lust, Caution (how can I resist watching the ever-talented-brilliant Tony Leung on screen, I ask you?)
3) Atonement (ahhh, James McAvoy. Reason enough.),
4) Juno, (looks quirky. I like.)
5) La Vie En Rose (the story of Edith Piaf. Should be interesting.)

Have you seen any of these? Were they any good?

+++++++++

I've also been listening to arias.

I dug some out from memory - from days of yore where Dad flooded our ear canals with powerful, rich in timber, vibrating voices: Maria Callas, Mario Lanza, Enrico Caruso et al - voices that reverberated around the house because (I'm convinced) Dad played them at full volume (ok, so I exaggerate. But it was LOUD), making the music pretty hard to ignore. Through Dad, we were introduced to a great many operas, such as 'La Boheme','La Traviata'. Eventually, I grew to love them. And now, I find myself soothing a frazzled day with music from certain romantic arias. I'm going to put this down to an age thing. But who's to know? Perhaps one is drawn to certain music because of its ability to evoke memories? Anyway, this is one of my favourites:



+++++++++++

Spring will soon descend on us. My favourite flower, the daffodil, has been lending some cheer to the weather with its sunny appearance. This time last year, Dee was struck with Bell's Palsy. When I look upon their bright, happy hues, I am once again reminded of God's grace on our family.


No comments: