Thursday, January 10, 2008

Croakings and Postings

I think I've just about gotten the hang of singing in Mandarin.

For the past hour (Cheeks KO-ed early. huzzah!), I've been searching YouTube (oh ye beautiful wonderful website!) for Mandarin MVs painstakingly subtitled with pinyin uploaded by crazed music fans with nothing better to do. But I appreciate their efforts, I do. How else would I be able to croon croak heartwrenchingly in perfect Mandarin, and appreciate the lyrical poetry woven into some of the songs? I ask you.

'But that's cheating!', I hear some of you sourpusses bark. Well, it isn't! You think it's easy to sing along knowing what 'yin' to land on? Hmph.

And if you think that makes no sense at all - well, I could not care less. Wo bu guan?

Q: Would it be waaay weird if I printed out all the hanyu pinyin lyrics of my fav Mandarin songs and bring 'em (in a black ring file folder, no less) to an el dingy and el dimly-lit karaoke? Too uncool? Tak stylo? Jin boh sei?

Tell me!

I am also having a good time guffawing at some of the comments made by Jay Chou fans (?) regarding certain YouTube uploads. You should read them. That is, if you have nothing better to do, of course.

+++++

And now, onto more "meaningful" insights into the life of yours truly...

My mailbox has been coughing up lots of mail lately.

This stack of postcards, this thick wade of mail - printed & postage FULLY paid by the good people at STB - has been slotted fast and furiously through a hole in my door.

Every single one of them was sent to me by my very sweet future sister-in-law, Geri. On them she writes little anecdotes describing her day, encouraging bible verses, and personal insights into various topics.

If only ALL MY FRIENDS could do the same!!!!!!

Also.

Royal Mail take the words 'snail mail' to a whole new level. In fact, they epitomise that phrase. Can you believe how impossibly SLOW they are? Get this - my postcards sent from Belgium to Singapore arrived in the tropics BEFORE 1 arrived in London (I wrote one to self, see.)! I mean, SERIOUSLY?!!! And all this while, I thought London was in Europe = close to Brussels, also in Europe.

Well, I never. Must've gotten it all wrong.

Right.

Better late than never?

2 comments:

I am "B" said...

Yo Saggies..i'm finally able to leave comments on your blog AGAIN!! Apparently, there was some google toolbar going on prev that disallowed me to hve pop-ups or some such nonsense..

Anyhoos, I digress (as always..sigh!).. wanted to tell you how ASHAMED i am.. didnt even know that STB (my client) had this FOC postage postcard thingy until I read your blog entry... and then... VOILA! It occurred to me that errr.. yars, this is the "Project Postcard" campaign lor!?!??!?! Sheesh... shame shame

Anonymous said...

ROFL... I feel like I must personally apologise to the postman who prob went WTF as he slotted the postcards in one by one. Hehe.

Wedding prep is driving me bananas but glad we brought some smiles to you guys.

BIG HUGS... will deliver Hwang Jin-i and special surprise soon.

Love,
Geri