Monday, June 11, 2007

Releasing fish can be liberating

How better to tell you guys 'we're moving!' then to feature 5ive out of a gazillion boxes I've packed. So far.

I hate moving. There - I said it. I told myself I wouldn't utter those 3 negative words but I can't help myself. This irksome 'exercise' floats precariously above my pet peeve - the sound of styrofoam against each other. Now you didn't know that, DID you? :)

Today, I cleared 4 shelves, emptied 1 drawer, and I asked the Tesco staff what time was best for me to collect boxes before they shred them for recycling -- 8 friggin' AM!

Wait a mo, I AM awake at that time? Hip hip hoorah. dah.

We're moving to Lynn Road 4 days before my bday. Which means I'll be celebrating ma 32nd at the new pad, with unpacked boxes to pry open that ain't my presents. Whoop-hoop-pee, I can't wait. I think I'm going to throw me a birthday bash as a reward for the sh*t I'm ploughing through. I'm thinking 'Animal Theme' and will invite my sassy lil' primate and my rotund long-suffering buffalo. I'll throw in some Guinness. It'll like that.

What? You thought I meant Dee?!! Puh-lease.... doo doo dee doo.

Hey hey, waddya know. I didn't think I could make snide remarks while blogging but here's evidence! Sorry if I sound a little disgruntled here. I hate moving. Baah, said it again.

Lynn Road's officially 'off' the market now that we've surrendered our 600 pound deposit. We'll need to pay another 200ish pounds to have the place professionally cleaned. There's also the first month rent to pay upfront. And oh, 170 pounds to get a moving company (1 man with 1 van) to help move some of the big items. Where does that leave us? Ah yes, that gorgeous B word. BROKE, BUST, BEGGERS?

(Mel in one of her Yoda-ish moments says this is God's way of telling me I 'have to save'. That, I like.)

I've also had to tell Silke we can't make it to her Berlin wedding coz we simply do not have the moolah for it. I could not find the right words to break the bad (see, another B word! Bah!) news to her. I had hoped to see her in the stunning Pronovias gown we went shopping for.

It's no wonder I've been muttering alot of good words today. But it ain't a pretty soliloquy, I must confess. To cushion the mounting angst I feel, Dee has (or had since he's been using this since, oh I don't know, time immemorial?) concocted a new cuss word to be suitably used in moments like this.

What.the.FISH! As opposed to using that which rhymes with...

Duck... and her cutie ducklings! Danielle and I saw this quack-quacking family by the Clapham Common pond today. Aren't they precious? Tee hee hee.

It's a much more civilized word to use, yes? My Dee, he's genteel that way.

Speaking of 'da man', I'm distraught. Dee's left for a course at Windsor and won't be back till Wednesday. Fish! I need a cuddle!

But having him away is somewhat 'timely' coz fish fisheroo!... Asian Banana sent me a whole stack of Grey's Anatomy all da way from DOWN UNDA last week! Whole Seasons! 1 ~3! You're a fishin' good mate, A.B! Hug hug hug!

After ironing out the kinks and downloading the right software, I'm ready to head for Melancholy Central!!! (or so says Chum).

I think I've got all the ammunition I need: tissues, check. pillow in arms, check. snack within arm's reach, check. I'm poised and ready to dab!

Oh fish. I don't think I'll be sleepin' today.

4 comments:

The Asian Banana said...

well, good to know you will have ample company during the dee-less nites. Jus dun point those fishin' fingers at me when those panda eyes start to surface. :) Enjoy!

Chub & Chum said...

Yay finally!!!....watch all at one go woman - tis the best ever. But beware...friggin' fishin' melancholy will creep in...

Daughter Of Sarah said...

he he i used to say fish and anchovies, drats, darn, shoots, wat the (nothing after that)... lol.

one day we were playing rhyming games and i went ok words that rhyme with duck and he said fu**. My friends collapsed with laughter and Kae who was 2+ looked really bemused by the response he garnered. He would always (we realised later) rhyme anyword by changing the first alphabet to f first at that time. Haiz.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that i've to go away, but i miss you and love you.
Dee