Wednesday, June 06, 2007

No Diggity

Say, did I mention I hadn't seen the Gaskarth unit till Tuesday (5 June, Happy belated again, NY Jo!)? When I put up the post on sizing our selection down to 2 units, I hadn't seen G house yet. We knew it was already on the market, but the agents hadn't brought us round coz they hadn't gotten the keys from the procrastinating landlord.

Anywayz, Tues came and after a short coffee with our neighbours, Emma and baby Jack, we skipped over (it is, afterall, ONE street away) to view the apartment.

Shivermetimbers! Put a hood over me! Strike me (temporarily) blind! It was - as the Brits would put it - RUBBISH.

It was a such a stinker, I tell you. And I mean it, literally. It reeked of something I-can't-even-put-my-finger-on-it FOUL.

Dirty carpets, make-shift/broken furniture, red torn fabric for curtains... it's a place only an untidy grown man could live in. And slap me silly, waddya know, it's inhabited by not one, but 3 grown, sloppy men! Urrrrgggh!

I could go on and on and on and on... using different adjectives to describe the squalid! decrepit! dilapidated! shabby! conditions. But let's geddoverit and move on.

As you'd expect, I didn't take any pictures of Gaskarth. I was honestly too embarrassed to show the world where '3 little pigs' lived. I now know why the estate agents didn't post more pictures of the unit on their website. The kitchen IS the best part of the house?!!

So I guess this means only one 1 thing -- Lynn Road, it is -- without a doubt (Shalom, you get your wish for an easy-to-spell address. Ha!).

We've put in an offer for it yesterday. All we can do right now is wait wait wait, and nibble at our fingernails while at it. Is it gonna be a Deal or No Deal?

1 comment:

Shalom said...

adoi! i felt a chill down my spine juz reading the description siah ha ha