Sunday, June 10, 2007

Missing then... and now

taken Oct 2006, taken May 2007

Danielle... she's growing up so fast before my eyes. A mere 8 months back, she was clinging onto me like a leech, yooowwling every, single time I dropped her off at playschool.

Now? She's an eager beaver who skips happily to the schoolgate, greets everyone with a chirpy 'hello!', then flashes her trade-mark cheeky grin. She's confident, cheerful, and 'rather talkative', so teacher Teresa tells me.

If all this is sounding a tad bit conceited - forgive me. I'm just a mum who can't help but feel a surge of pride seeing her little girl turn into a little lady...

I know I'm going to continue loving every moment growing up with her. But whilst that is happening, I've started to miss her. Now.

3 comments:

I am "B" said...

Oh pls...you're so not "conceited"?!?!?! Its natural & normal (i might add) for parents to feel that way abt their kids, no?

I hope I'd feel the same measure of pride & overwhelming happiness everytime i look at Bojo when he's out... LOL

And on a separate note hor, methinks Doey looks abit Korean-ish hor???

Daughter Of Sarah said...

awwwwwwwwwwwww =D

i agree with b... it is normal to feel proud of the kids as they grow into little misses and misters.

Little Nell looks really sunny in that dress... I guess she needed time to adjust. All kids do go through that anxiety / panic attack stage for a bit.

Kae went through that and I am sure BoJo too eh Mummy B?

Whatever it is, a round of applause for Madame here who has been a great mum to her little princess...

*clap clap clap*

Anonymous said...

so this is the depressing passport pix that you mention before.. is a really change..:)

Such sweet angel in the May pix..:)

hmm...I wonder where she gets her talkative trait from? ..

But gloat away mum, you have a beautiful, cheerful and friendly princess in your hands...

You shld be so proud .:)