Sunday, June 03, 2007

Summer Sun

After months under wraps, Londoners are gleefully exchanging their winter frocks for skimpy, summery togs.

Everyone's in a bouyant mood now that the Sun is out. And my oh my, do they love their Sun!

The usually olive-green commons are aburst with colour - women in bright bikini-tops; blokes in vibrant low-slung beach shorts. Cheeky...

They sit there all day, basking under the sun and slathering on their sun-screen. You'd think you're by the beach if not for the overhanging oak trees that act as eaves for the 'lobster-pink' sun-bathers.

As for me? I'm loving the Sun too. There's nothing like a healthy dose of Vitamin D to lift those spirits! :)

* I'm so loving the fact that I can wear shorts around the house now! Yippee!

1 comment:

Shalom said...

Ooh! I love Summer in UK... ooooooooooodles and ooooooooodles of sunlight!!

Yea I tanned myself silly there too. My host mum was in her late 60s and it didn't stop her from prancing about in a purple shimmering bikini. =)

Check out Brighton whilst it is still Summer k? Not too far away from U guys. Danielle can have a look at how the beach there is so diff from the one here. Plus there is a palace there too. And check out the Lanes and all.

I like Brighton in the Summer but that's about it ha ha. Brighton is so dreary in Winter.