Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Hello Auntie Clara!

Clara arrived to our place at 6ish (pm) yesterday. She came by cab, from her hotel, all by herself - unfortunately.

She wanted to save us the trouble of going to Bayswater to pick her up. But I think she was more unnerved by reports of 'mischief' on the BBC regarding pranksters prowling the streets on Halloween, and didn't want Danielle & I to be exposed to such 'dangers' while commuting to get her.

Good ol' Clara, always so considerate.

So despite my initial protests, I relented. Stayed at home to put up the welcome banner, watch over my sweet potato/ginger soup (a dessert fab for a cold night), popped over to the Tube station to get her an Oyster card, and geared Danielle up to welcome 'Auntie Clara'.

When she arrived, just seeing her resusicated a surge of emotions in me. No, didn't cry or anything (well, not yet... but more on that in next entry), but was very moved to see a dear friend again.

After settling down, she started unpacking all the 'goodies' from Singapore she'd brought with her. And I must admit, I was a tad embarrassed when I realised HALF her Samsonite contained things for Danielle and myself! Once again girls, thanks so much - for the 8Days, teh tarik, Milo, Christian CDs for Danielle, wet wipes, bak kwa, dried mango, Jap sponge, Lemsip etc etc etc etc etc... You guys are amazing.

xxooo

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Hope you liked the fako Billabong shorts frm Phuket! Hahahaha...know the weather is not quite right to put on such a "slinky" pair of shorts but hey! summer is around the corner! Hehehe... Maybe Deedee likes it too... *wink wink*

As The Deer said...

Wah haha... you've got some of the best friends ever!! Blessed are you indeed! =D

Anonymous said...

helo godma!! am trying to see if I can post it this time.

Its been 3 weeks now since i stayed home. everyday is a challenge. Yesterday Ethan ur Godson was really very good - ate and slept no problem. Today he's soooo bad. Kept spitting out his milk n seems uncomfortable. Refuse to sleep & fussed a whole lot. My mom had to carry him whole day. And I had to keep feeding cos he kept regurtiting out his milk, duno why. I keep worrying i might not produce enuf to keep him full! My mom suspect wind so hopefully that is so.

So nice to see you have friends coming to visit you, which someone wld come here!!! will u ever come again??? Miss you loads.

Showed my mom your posted videos of Danielle too. So big already she said. Wonder when Ethan will get there....

Anyways, miss you loads Syl and wish you cld be here sometime soon.

Saggs said...

Oh oh oh! Welcome welcome Ethan's mummy!!!! Glad you can FINALLY post a comment! :)))

Oriana and Reuben said...

Bak kwa here we come! I trade vino with bak kwa - how's that for a deal? hee