Wednesday, November 29, 2006

All Smiles Day

Nothing can rile me today. NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING!!!

It's been a FAB day up to this point (*fingers crossed*). I'm sitting infront of the comp, blissfully blogging at 4pm in the afternoon.

My angel for the day is sleeping soundly behind me.

Our morning began smoothly and we got dressed (no fuss! no fuss!) to attend the women's group @AllSouls. With a container full of bran cornflakes in hand, we got onto the Tube and headed for Oxford Circus station. Arrived smack on time at 1030am. Unfortunately, Danielle didn't want to stay confined to the pram.

" ... "

Okaaaay, no problem?! Mummy has 'biceps of steel'???!!! I carry her 3/4 of the way to church - with buggy folded & bag on shoulder. Had to ask (read:plead) her to walk the rest of the way coz "Mummy's arms are tired!". That seemed reasonable to her & without a pout, she walked the rest of the way. Phew phew!

Settling her into creche was a tad difficult at first, but the creche grannies managed to distract her with a 'Bob the Builder' book. She didn't even notice me sneaking away... 3 cheers for Bob!!! 3 cheers for the sweet granny nannies!

Prayer meeting was good. Although not all the ladies in my group turned up today, the rest of us who did, had a meaningful time praying for one another. And I found out there's going to be another Christmas luncheon next week! YES, again! Methinks it's going to be loads of fun coz there'll be 45min set aside for creative activities - decorating Christmas gift tags and putting icing on Christmas cookies etc etc...ho ho ho!

After church, popped into BHS to help Dee do a bit of Christmas shopping. Danielle began to fuss but no matter, whipped up my 'contingency' packet of orange-flavoured gummies! That kept her happy the rest of the time.

After leaving BHS, I had the craziest idea to cook Japanese (Oyakodon!) tonight coz Meiling's coming over for dinner. Needed tofu for the miso soup I was going to simmer (not cook, since it's a ready mix. can't claim credit now, can I? heehee) so decided to walk from Oxford Circus to Leicester Square to get me a tub of tofu. I was half deliberating whether to do it or not coz it's v unpredictable going out with a 2YO. If Ms D suddenly demanded to walk or be carried, I'd be in BIIIIG TROUBLE! I said a teeny-tiny prayer. Yesiree, told God about the oh-so-important tofu, the walk to Leicester Sq... so a small measure of assistance would suffice, thank you v much. And as it turned out, she was... manageable. Threw a few 'grouchy' darts but nothing I'd hurl myself under a train for.

After 20 mins of invigorating brisk walking (phew! was steamin' under that puffy jacket!), we arrived at Leicester Sq. Went to Loong Fung and purchased the tofu and some bottled sauces (isn't that what always happens? you go in for 1 item, and come out with 10?!!). Afterwhich, headed for the nearest Tube station.

Rolled up my sleeves to pram her down several flights of stairs to get to the trains. Now, anyone who's been to the UK would know the stations here lack 'modern technology' such as lifts & escalators. It's a terrible bane having to lug your pram (as it is in my case) down 10,000 steps. But a wonderful boon to meet a kind samaritan who's willing to help you carry half your daughter's weight, the rickety pram, and groceries down those 10,000 steps.

I met 2 good Samaritans at the station today. Bless their souls.

And that, has been my day up till now.

It's 5pm - Danielle's still snoozin' & Dee just waltzed through the door having been in Bournemouth for the past 2 days.

Surely, Life cannot be better. :)

* Just a thought: I praised God with my time, and He in turn, blessed me with a good time! :)


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallelujah to that! Am glad for you that you found things to thank Him for...however small they may be? I think that's what many of us fail to 'see' - the teeny tiny little things that God makes good for us... OK, Reminder Alert!!

Anonymous said...

Just Me..

One day when Danni grows up and reads this blog, she will be so touch to know the things her mummy has to juggle with, looking after her, carrying the pram down 10,000 steps while thinking what to cook for dinner at the same time and praying that mummy can finish this in record time before her nap time..:)

You are the best mummy a kid can ask for syl..:)

Hats off to you in the life of a 24/7 mummy

Saggs said...

Mel, I'm not the best mummy but thanks for the compliment. These are tasks any mummy would do. Even you, when you become a mum next time!

xxoo

As The Deer said...

HURRAH HURRAH!

I know what you mean.

When Kae was young and we lived in Toa Payoh and used Braddell MRT, there were no escalators going down just stairs... and it was a long way down!

My back's been awfully bad these days so thank God Kae has become a very willing walker. Even when he's tired!

He told me "Mummy I will help you by walking a very long journey by myself. I won't ask you to carry me."

Days like that are just lovely.

Of coz there were a few times he'd make his Mummy (who can't walk very well right now... super painful) get up to help him bath or wash his butt. Those times were trying coz he wasn't being understanding but I think he missed me doing those stuff for him after having been on set for 2 weeks solid. Lol.