Thursday, November 09, 2006

All I want for Christmas...

Every August/September, Skiver A and I will start 'singing' Christmas carols over MSN. We'll gush over Christmas preparations, start email threads discussing the christmas menu for the annual party, and maybe plan a Christmas 'recital' of sorts... For us, Christmas is really the most wonderful time of the year.

But our tradition has been rather difficult to keep up with this year - with time differences, work and Danielle's schedules coming in between.

And we haven't yet sung any Christmas carols over MSN, not once. (but thanks for calling yesterday, luv, to start the ball rolling.)

Although Christmas goodies went up on sale in September, Regent Street dorns pretty Christmas lights, and aisles in TESCO and Sainsbury's are dressed in Christmassy greens and reds - I still can't 'feel' Christmas. And it's not because it's still early.

I know I'll still have a nice Christmas dinner here with my little family and in-laws. And for the first time, really experience a 'winter wonderland', see 'ang mohs' in Santa suits with their rotund tummies instead of skinny bean-pole Asian ones. I'll see gardens decked up in Christmas lights, see real poinsettias grow out of flowerpots, not pathetic fake ones.

Despite all these, I'll still miss my Christmas in the tropics.

For those who understand... this is why.

...is ALL of you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

actually this will be one christmas where all of us are so far from each other ... you in ldn, mel in kl, mich in syd, vic in perth, girls in s'pore, me in burma! ... so lets make this deal, lets find a time-slot where all our time zones cross on 24/25 dec to unite in love, thoughts and prayer ...

thanks love ... ur blog is actually keeping us all together whilst we are so far from each other ...

mabes