Saturday, November 18, 2006

Our 1st Christmas Funfair

We went to a Christmas Funfair at Northcote Road today.

Organised by Dolphin Primary School, it promised to be loads of fun for the children - or so claimed the school administrator who brought it to my attention. I figured anywhere fun was A-OK with me. So at 11am, together with the Mister and wee one, we got onto the G1 and set off to the fair.

Suffice to say - this being our first UK school funfair and all - I was curious to check it out. You know, see how different they are from the ones in Singapore?

The fair was held in the school sanctuary/hall. Entry tickets were 50p per pax tho' Danielle went in for free. The entry fee came with a complimentary cuppa tea (what d'ya expect?) & a mini mincepie.

Being a Primary school's funfair, the Christmas decor was pretty simple, apart from the 'Photo with Santa' booth. That, was decked with your usual party streamers, tinsel, baubles, and cotton wool 'snow'. There were all sorts of games for kids - raffle tickets for mystery prizes, 'see-how-far-you-can -throw-a-beanbag' game, 'ring round the bottle' - easy peazy games.

Danielle had her face painted for the first time that day! I chose a very 'safe' design, in case it turned out to be a disaster coz the 'face painter' was a kid herself! But she was v sweet and I think she did a pretty good job! :)

There were stalls selling all sorts of food & knick knacks - fruity wine, hand/body creams, Christmas cards, jewelry, T-shirts, brownies/ fairy cakes, jars of jams and mincemeats. Dee and I liked the second-hand booth best (actually, it was more like books, videos and toys messily displayed on the pews). And we bought heaps! We were really, really pleased with our purchases.

In our shopping bag:
1) 2 cupcakes for Danielle - 40p
(actually 1 but Danni dropped one on the floor so had to get her a 2nd one. I would've just wiped off the top layer of icing had it not been Dee who shot me 'dagger' looks! I know, I know, I'm terrible! Kekeke!)
2) 5 story books for Danielle + 1 DVD - 1 pound! *faint with disbelief*
3) Thick medieval history Encyclopedia - 'star buy' at 4 pounds!!
4) 1 packet of apple juice 50p

I enjoyed the free mincepies. Yes... mincepieS coz I wolfed down Dee's as well! He didn't quite fancy the sweet mincemeat*. Of course I had no issues with that! I savoured every bit of the citrusy, fruity, cinnamon-y filling wrapped in buttery pastry. Sluuurp...sedap!

All in all, it was a wonderful morning out with the family. The Christmas atmosphere at the fair just about made me wanna break out into carols!!!

Check out happy Danielle stuffing her face with cupcake icing again (yes, just the icing, *roll eyes*)!

* btw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Skiver A! Miss you, Luv!











2 comments:

Pooh said...

heehee... danni looks so cute with the face paint. :D

Anonymous said...

Hey Saggs,

Its really gd tt the Chans are getting the opportunity to spend such great quality time in the UK! I can see you really enjoying yourself and am really really happy for you!