Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Shiver Me Timbers, It's Snow!

Today has to be the zenith of my week. For the first time in my 30-odd years, I woke up to these snowy scenes:

down the street where we live

outside of our kitchen window

Although what fell was only an inch of snow, it was enough to transform the usually grey and dismal City of London into a Winter Wonderland: (taken by locals)

at the London Eye

cute little fella, taken at the Thames

picturesque at Canada Water

Admittedly, I'm not a big fan of snow. While it is fun for some, romantic & dreamy for others; it all but spells the chills for me. Brrrrr...*huffing breath in air*

Still, there's an upside!

The best thing about this '1-inch snow' is being able to share the experience with Danielle. I woke her up earlier this morning just so she could see it before it all melted.

Even though she was still groggy and suffering from a really bad case of bed head, she jolted up almost immediately and exclaimed, "Woaaaah! I want to make a snowman, mummy!"

I'm glad Motherhood - despite its trials & frustrations - has precious moments like these.

++++++

Here we are enjoying a cuppa after prayer meeting today. I finally concede that Danielle has my smile. :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know...she is looking more & more like zee mommy! Am happy for you gals tt this has been such a "magical" experience! Hugs hugs...

As The Deer said...

She is Mummy's girl.

I remember when I first saw it snow in England... I'd seen snow years before that but to see it happen right there in Brighton was nothing short of a miracle coz it doesnt usually snow there.

My friend and I were arguing about some stupid thing when it started snowing. We ran out, made snow angels, had a snow ball fight... all this with what little snow we could gather.

Snow is pretty =) I dun mind the chills. Miss it much.

I dun miss the hail though... =p

Seen any yet?

Prometheus said...

Hey Sylvia,
Yes, it's really cold here in NY. Yesterday was -10 degrees Celsius. Snow is still intermittent... BTW, I shall make London a visit in early July. Hope things are good with you guys