Monday, January 15, 2007

Back to Life, back to Reality...

All too soon, my MIL is leaving us. She flies back to SGP tonight - back to her real life.

It's been fab having her around. It's always good to have an extra pair of hands. Better yet, a grandparent's.

All of a sudden, I had time to do more stuff (V'day cards! Wrap MORE gifts!Finish Grey's Anatomy Season 1, finish CSI Season 1~4!!!); and I got to see a bit more of London while bringing her around too.

I admit I was a bundle of nerves before she arrived. I was biting my nails wondering what her assessment of Danielle would be, under my care. There were some 'tut-tutting' moments (I think?) but on the whole, nothing that would earn me a 'blackmark' on the overall DIL scorecard.

I surmise she did enjoy herself in the month she was here. What she leaves now, unfortunately, is a 'void' I know I'll find hard filling again...

She'll never get to read this blog (ever!) but through it, I still want to thank her:

谢, Mee. 您的关怀和陪伴. 我们会 想念您...

No comments: