Friday, January 05, 2007

Life's Snapshots

I stopped dead in my tracks (and literally, at the tracks) when I saw this ad at the Clapham South Tube station one morning:

Singapura, Oh Singapura...

This, is precisely why I love carrying the camera around. EVERYWHERE I go.

I don't know when it all started but it's become almost a dogged proclivity for me to whip out the cam at any and every occasion. I snap even the most banal of subjects (as you can surely tell from above photo of Tube ad. *rolley eyes*).

Whilst I'm no virtuoso when it comes to phototaking - am more a 'snap and shoot' sorta girl - my lack of technique has never deterred me from capturing moments that mean something to me. Fleeting moments of beauty, expressions and emotions... all that would otherwise be lost in Time.

But most of all - I love taking photos because they leave footprints in our minds... That, or I'm simply honing my skills to fulfill my life-long ambition to join a '隊' by errr... 40! Am certain I'll make a darn gooood one, ok!

Or perhaps, it's for longevity. For when I'm old and senile (or gone), my children (woohoo! am being presumptuous here!) will be able to whip out my voluminous albums and rekindle some memories of those days of yore...




















* surely my eyes are playing tricks on me. Dee is NOT bigger with every photo, is he??? Heh heh.


6 comments:

mummy linda said...

mon mari aussi! :)

Oriana and Reuben said...

i must say he is looking more and more prosperous!

Anonymous said...

You know what they say... "prosperity" is a sure sign of happiness & contentment!

This means YOU are definitely doing something right with Dee! Hahahaha..

Am off to HK tomr & will be back on Sun.. missing you heaps!

As The Deer said...

haha u have been bitten by the shitterbug too. I used to (when i had a camera) take at least 30 pics a day man. =) Then I'd sift through them and adjust the contrast levels, etc... and put em up on my blog. Remember the many fotos? Alas... now no camera le T.T

What is Kuoni? Saw the word on the poster =)

Saggs said...

Kuoni is a tour operator.

And this shutterbug fever (or whatever you call it) began eooooooons ago. Ask any of my galfriends. They'll roll their eyes in unison!

:P

As The Deer said...

rofl if only ur bro will take more fotos ha ha