Friday, January 19, 2007

Caught in a whirlwind

I'd love to show y'all the photo I took of myself after braving strong winds while dropping Danielle off at nursery today.

But I won't - for fear that some of you may not be able to stomach the trauma of gazing at a 'sino-looking' Medusa. It is afterall, still early in the morning.

Nonetheless, here's Medusa anyway (I can't help being wicked, pardonne-moi).

Trust me, between her and my 'blownover-hairdo- that-looks-more -like-Roadkill', she's the undisputed beaut.

On a more serious note, today's devastation left 9 people dead. One of whom was a 2YO toddler who died when a wall fell on him. He was out on a walk with his child-minder.

As I watched the full impact of the winds on telly, I was aghast how the 99mph gale overturned heavy vehicles on highways, fell and uprooted trees, blew off scaffolding, caused huge railway delays, buses to quiver and shake, numerous flight cancellations, multiple accidents on the road etc.

I was forced to walk at a perpetual 45 degree angle as I went to get Danielle from school. Even steering the buggy home was arduous after.

I thank God we made it home safely.

But for that poor little boy, whose usual walk was around the neighbourhood? That sadly, was his last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow...that IS serious...

Hey..pls be extra careful when you two head out ya? Will be praying for both your safety!

As The Deer said...

Hugs. Glad that you girls are safe... please please pray Psalm 91 =)

Also, if the weather is really bad (and yes i know what you mean by walking at 45 degrees angle ha ha)do stay home. Safety first?