Monday, January 15, 2007

Dear 奶奶...

dear 奶奶...

Wouldn't you be thrilled if I was really writing you this letter? But I can't spell or write yet (I hate ABCs) so I have to dictate my 'thoughts' to Mummy, who's kindly agreed to help me out with this letter. Hmmm, I wonder what 'dictate' means?

Thank you for coming to see us in London. I had lots of fun with you! Thank you for playing catch with me, rolling out my 'playdoh' (actually it's blu-tac), attending my tea parties and 'eating' the food I 'cooked'.

I will miss your cooking, 奶奶 . You cook the best 'lor bak + egg'. My favourite! Now I'll have revert to eating mummy's (rather paltry attempts at) fish porridge, mincemeat porridge, sweet potato porridge, and if I'm really good - pasta with sausage & cheese. Bummer.

I bet Mummy is groaning at the thought of having to carry me up and down the Tube now that you're leaving. And that she'll have to bathe and change me, lull me to sleep, change my diapers, clean up my mess after eating, entertain me... ALL by herself. Again. I hope she gets over it. Dum dum dee dum...

Mummy told me just now she's going to miss having a big person to talk to. Pfffht, what does she mean? I speak 'big person' too?! Hmph.

Anyway, I think I will miss you, 奶奶. You always let me get away with things.

I love you.

your nelle-nelle

ps: I think you cut my fringe waaaay better than mummy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh syl, thats the sweetest blog ever! can imagine how wonderful it must be to have so much help, good food and love showered on Danielle by ur MIL ...

but u know, u've been doing an amazing job all these 2 and a half years ... and we all always wonder "how she does it" ...

Danielle's so blessed with an amazing mum and nai nai!(and papa, grandparents, aunts, etc..)

hugs, mabes

Chub & Chum said...

hmm...am sure ur mil must be reeeally sad to leave Danielle n all of you. Is she visiting soon again?

completely agree w Mabes, I wonder how you do it all by urself. my mil is here helping me w Ethan EVERYday, I duno what I will do w/o her, esp in the night!! Kudos to you syl!