Monday, April 14, 2008

Playdate with Poppy

Poppy is probably Cheeks' best mate at nursery. With the exception of Sebestian, of course.

This 4YO Canadian native has been living in the UK since she was a wee babe and is the only one in the family who speaks with a crisp British accent. Margaret, her grandma, drops her off at the nursery and I always enjoy my chats with her while waiting by the gate for the school door to be opened.

Poppy is always immacutely dressed, and has the MOST impeccable manners. So when Ann, Poppy's mum, invited Cheeks over for a playdate, I actually worried how 'chor loh' (un-ladylike) she would come across to the family.

That was the first time I'd dropped Cheeks off at a playdate, unaccompanied and unsupervised. Ann said it would be fine for me to leave her alone with Poppy, her nanny and Margaret. So I did. I left her there for 3 whole hours. Then, making full use of that free time on my hands, I did grocery shopping, bought birthday gifts, went home for some shuteye, surfed the internet.

When I picked Cheeks up later that evening, she and Poppy proudly showed off their artwork, and gave a rundown of what they did all afternoon - jumped on the trampoline, played in the garden, did art and craft etc.

And that, was how the both of us spent our 7th day of termbreak.

"On the seventh day of termbreak, my Mama gave to me - 7 minutes (it's true! ok, thereabouts?! !) busride to Poppy's, 6 s of dimsum, 5 min waaaaaalk! 4 new experiences, 3 turkish delights, 2 summery dresses, and a choc-caterpillar from Marks&Sparks!"

I am so running outta ideas here, aren't I? ;)

No comments: