Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Asserting Oneself

(4ish PM. Door opens. Cheeks finds me, seated.)

D: Mama, can I have a snack on the way to the supermarket?
M: No, you can't. You just had some snacks.
D: But I only had 2 snacks.
M: No, you had 3. You had a sandwich, a chocolate egg and some biscuits... AND milk.
D: (pouts) But I want to eat something on the way to the supermarket!
M: You don't always have to eat something on the way to somewhere!
D: Oh yes I do!
M: No, you don't!
D: Yes, I do! I do! I do!
(huffs)
D: (imperiously) I'm going to put you in your room.
M: Why?
D: Becoz you are squibbling with me.
M: Squibbling?
D: Yes, we are having a quarrel.
M: Oh, you mean squabbling!
D: Yes, Sqaaw-ber-ling!
D: Now. I will let you be in the room, ALL BY YOURSELF!
(Closes bathroom door)
M: (mumbles to self) Sure, I don't mind being in 'the room'. I'm stuck here on 'the throne' anyway! *sniggers*

3 comments:

Pooh said...

hahahahahhaha.. :D

Daughter Of Sarah said...

ROFL... dat was so funny!

Anonymous said...

hahahahaa...

such a classic ..i can so imagine her air of assertiveness on her cut angelic face ....


Mel