Monday, October 08, 2007

A Party for Three

Why do I begin this entry with a sizeable picture of a made-from-scratch-and-utterly- yummilicious-mount-of-gooey-chocolate-decandence?

Simply because this was a BIG DEAL for me. I mean, how often does one go to a party where the birthday cake is actually baked by the host's mum? (Betty Crocker's cake mixes are not counted, I don't care how good they are!)

Besides, foodie pictures are great 'blogstoppers'. Heh.

We attended a fantastic birthday party on Sunday.

Now what was amazing about this party was not only the droolworthy cake, or that the games and activities were so carefully thought out and executed (I personally thought the Treasure Hunt was brilliant), party bags meticulously made-from-scratch (another jaw-dropper!), that the 'local' party grub sat VERY well with me - no, the AMAZING part about the party was it felt kinda like a 'blind date'.

You see, prior to the party, we'd NEVER laid eyes on the host family - save for blog posts and family pictures plastered over the Roslyn's blog. We hadn't seen them upclose and personal.

So imagine my surprise (and delight) when Roslyn popped over to my blog from another blog we both read, to invite me to Lavigne's 3rd bday party!

This was certainly a first for me. And I'm glad we both took a leap of faith in 'connecting' ourselves with each other in real life, not just in cyberspace.

Ros, thanks once again for inviting us to the party. You didn't know me, only through my blog. I could've been schizophrenic, a chain-saw murderer, a con-artist, but you chose to extend your friendship to me nonetheless.

I just wanna say that I'm proud to count you as a friend and fellow crazed Facebooker soon! (I feel it in ma bones, girl! Hahahahahaha!)

Also.

The great thing about kids (at this age, let me quickly add) is that they're easily entertained? Seeing Lavigne, Louisa and Danielle horsing around after the party made me think that even if the party had just been for the 3 of them, they would've still enjoyed themselves immensely.

Having said that, Lavigne and Louisa are very blessed to have a mum like Roslyn. Her efforts in throwing fab parties for her girls are not only touching, but inspiring.

These girls will certainly have a whole treasure chest of cherished memories to look back on.

We can't wait to hang out with all of them again...

* for full set of photos, view them here:

No comments: