Wednesday, October 31, 2007

But first, HallowEeeeEeeeEen!

I am finding it extremely challenging to blog about the week-odd holiday spent in Bath, Edinburgh and Rome. I've been too lackadaisical with blogging (even tho' I had internet access at the el-meager guesthouse in Italy and could've easily updated stuff there and then), and the current backlog is beginning to resemble a monstrous mountain of unwritten posts up 'there'.


Speaking of monsters and monstrosities, it was Halloween yesterday.

With Venomously Vile JH and Mel the Serpent-haired Hag in our midst, I thought it was a fantabulous excuse to hold a perfectly ghastly shindig.

So part-taaay we did!

the ghouls and goblins that dropped by yesterday!

Halloweeny, autumny grub
Will you puh-lease chk out my chow-tah corn!

Suitably repugnant for Halloween, don't you think? Heh.


silly slippery lychee 'eyeballs'...

Evil monkey spawn & grizzly ghoul
with grotesque hand growing outta its ear! Grrrraaaah!!!


Sadako's in da house!!!
(And she's stealing our cookies!)

the Jack-O-Lantern cookies we each decorated

the REAL cookie monster!

You can betcha Danielle was très thrilled by the party. Even though it failed parlously on the Spooks factor, no one else was dressed in a costume except her, the party decor was all hand-made or printed off the Internet, the corn was burnt, and no, she was NOT allowed to eat the M&S Halloween chocolates Mummy had placed on the table as decoration - our lil' goblin fairy was happy & content.

party decor done by Mel, Sadako (EEEEEEE!!!) and Cheeks

And the rest of us? I think we myuumsters were happy for ANY excuse to stuff our already-distended bellies!

Oh and one last bit, I thought my beef stew was guuuuuuu-oooooooood!...

...even though it resembles lumps of cow turd

Surely I can dispense with all manner of modesty on my own blog? *cackle*

* Mel suggested we bring Cheeks Treat or Treatin' but I wasn't too keen on the idea since no child had ever knocked on our door, and besides, I didn't think the occasion is THAT big in the UK? Is it?

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

WWWAaaaa! Zhenzi!!!! Run!

Daughter Of Sarah said...

I dunno about London but it was big in Brighton and Hove.

I went around trick or treating with my friends and we had loads of choc to feast on! There were also lots of fireworks display because each household bought their own to light up the sky.