Sunday, October 21, 2007

Mel & JH - Day 1

Crikey.

I am sooooooooooooo behind in my blogging RE: Mel and JH in London that quite frankly, I no longer know how- much less where - to begin.

Bear with me as I slowly plough through our adventures, thus far.

Day 1:
Slovenly-dressed, blurry-eyed, unshaven Dee sporting a mohawk/cockatoo-esque/turgid comb on cockerel-type hairdo, Danielle still dorning her PJs - we must've looked an absolute sight to our chums.

Could they blame us? It was after all 5ish AM!

After that warm fuzzy teary welcome, we whisked them back to our SW pad in the rented 1.2l Fiat Punto (for our marathon roadtrip. more on that later). Our game plan? To 'force' them out of jetlaggedness by keeping them awake till UK nightfall.

After a quick lunch of tuna mayo cheese sarnies, we spent the rest of the afternoon exploring the neighbourhood whilst Danielle was at nursery. I brought Mel to Tooting Bec (to see 'her people'!) and we did a bit of shopping at Primark. Unfortunately, all that was cut short by an unexpected call from Danielle's nursery informing us that Cheeks had been complaining of an earache. We picked her up from school, and made a quick stop at the Tooting Bec Walk-In Clinic where we had to spend the next 3 hours waiting to be attended to! Oh yeah, that's public healthcare for ya!

What a way to spend their 1st day in London, eh?

After the doc's, we headed back to ours for a home-cooked meal, then it was off to bed. We were aiming for an early start the next day, and everyone wanted to be fresh for the 1st leg of our travel adventures! Saturday - a roadtrip to BATH!

++++++++++

Oh bah humbuggedy bah! This is ALL I can manage for a premier post. More updates once I'm able to better corral my thoughts together.

Methinks I need a new brain.

1 comment:

Daughter Of Sarah said...

3 hours... adoi.

Interesting - Kae had ear aches around the same time! He got them in the middle of the night and I had a hard time getting him to sleep. Next morning brought him to the doc who said it was eardrum infection. Kae was very good with taking the medicine and ear drops. He's ok now. =)

Am sure Nell is more than fine! =)