Friday, May 18, 2007

A change of pad, perhaps?

Firstly, 'tis a rhetorical question, my dears.

Secondly, I'm not asking for any femi-9 advice for them nether regions either...Hell no! Eeeeuuuwww??!!

We've been unceremoniously asked to vacate our home of 11 months and hit the road. Ok, maybe not that callously but we were given marching orders to vamoose, nonetheless. Our landlords have decided they've had enough of the Mauritian sun and want to move back into the premises. This leaves us with the unenviable task of finding a new pad, of course.

So, we'll need a new home. By July.

When we're not entertaining Mr Deluded and Ms Stupefied, Dee and I are doing great. Especially me, surprisingly. I have a 1,001 different thoughts running helter-skelter in my brain, trust me. But when my spinner decides to stop at the 'Think Positive!' wedge, I ask myself what's so bad about that?

A look inside my grey matter:

No. of +ve thoughts today:

  1. Can experience another flat in London! Whoop-dee-doo!
  2. Can perhaps get a floor that's not carpeted?
  3. A tiled kitchen would be good.
  4. Yeah! Adios to the horrid musky smell that leads up the stairs!
No. of -ve thoughts today:
  1. Do we HAVE to move?!! *whine whine whine*
  2. Where do I get boxes from? Tesco? How how how?
  3. Do I have to walk more than 10 mins to a supermarket/Tube station? I don't wanna! Waaaaah!
As you can see, positive thinking is the order of the day! Positivity Rules, Reigns, Raaawks, whatever!

In all honesty though, I dread the thought of moving. The only thing that keeps me moving (har har) now is that I'm DEAD SURE God has better plans for us. So if He moves us, hey, I'm not going to tell Him 'I don't wanna!', ya? :)

+++++++
Also...

Gwen Stefani can do no wrong.

Doesn't this just make you wanna shimmy and bop your head in manner of chicken pecking on grain? (how that looks like escapes me, of course.) Although, I'm certain it looks NOTHING like this.

She's definitely the epitome of Cool...

4 comments:

Pooh said...

New pad --> more room for your guests.

:P

As The Deer said...

No carpet in winter = very cold feet!!

My host Mum's kitchen was not carpeted and my feet would freeze in winter!! Lol.

Yay! Try out another place = fun! Ma Fun but still FUN!

I am "B" said...

hey! new adventure!! am glad you are taking this positively (or valiantly doing so! which is good enuf!!)...

Let us know how it goes!!!

Anonymous said...

tho' a pain in the butt to move (i completely know how that feels!!) but hey it maybe a GREAT opportunity for u to explore another neighbourhood of london before u guys leave next yr!

mabes