Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Changing lanes...

You know your life is forever changed when...

instead of Sex & the City, you're watching Sing Song City
instead of racy adult fiction, you're reading chaste fairy tales
instead of ogling at hunky Wentworth Miller, you're gawking at Bob the Builder
instead of hitting the pub, you go to a park

And,

you surf YouTube for cute-sy videos like this or this
you entertain by singing songs like this, or more recently this
your walls are plastered with kiddy artwork
you ace at reciting all sorts of nursery rhymes
you know EVERY, SINGLE Hi-5 member's name
musicals are watched on DVD, not on Broadway - Annie, Sound of Music, My Fair Lady
your weekend movie marathon includes exciting movie titles like Toy Story 1 & 2, Little Mermaid, Monsters Inc, The Incredibles...

Welcome... to our world!

+++++

It must be great being Daddy's girl. I was thinking that as I photographed Papa & Danielle over the weekend. They had a swell time wearing each other out at the playground and at the common. They squealed like two excited schoolgirls at the new 2-man tent Dee bought for our upcoming camping trip.

We are going CAMPING! Tra-la-la-la-la...

Dee is absolutely chuffed that he's finally going to have his thirst sated for The Great Outdoors. Me, I'd rather lie in the comfort of my own bed then sprawled out on some grass patch somewhere. Then again, I'll try anything ONCE. I'm sure it'll be an experience lying under a blanket of stars, enjoying an orchestra of crickets and frogs...hey, indulge me while I attempt to romanticise the moment ok!

huddling in the tent
(btw, this is ONE of 2 tents purchased. the other is a friggin' 4-man tent!?!)

nothing does it like ice-cream in the park

you ain't heavy, you're my daughter * back creaking*

Problem with shutterbugs like me is that we hardly get captured in the moment. So here's one for the memory.

Danielle, see that hand you're reaching out to do a high 5 while on the swings? That's mine. You may not see me often in photos but the fact that they exist show I was there with you...all the time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

since when has dennis been a big fan of the outdoors?!! me, i agree with you that my own bed is best, but take comfort - i think ang moh outdoors e.g. grass etc is much nicer than our tropical version! hee!

I am "B" said...

Hey!!! So cool that Dennis is able to spend such great quality time with his little gal! Am so glad for you guys...

And is that the funky Guess jumper I got Doey that I spy with my little eye?? She looks GORGEOUS!! Kekekeke...bleh!

Pooh said...

heeheee.. is he going to bring firewood again? :P

Anonymous said...

Hey I'm jealous of Doey!! I've been wanting a tent for the longest time!! But cannot afford to buy.. sigh.. Can I crash with them?????? Heehee...make space make space! Scoot over!!!!!!!

Skiver A

Shalom said...

I also wanna go camping!!!

Haha but my Mum wun let us & I dun think Kae and Ian are for the sleeping in a tent outside deal?? Lol.

But it sure looks like U will have lots of fun and ya the photographer always has problems being in the fotos. Haha. U and I have same probs.